Accreditation with commendation
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) has awarded Dartmouth Health/Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth their highest academic designation, "Accreditation with Commendation," for Dartmouth's Continuing Medical Education Program. This designation places Dartmouth Health's collective academic organizations (Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics, Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, and the Veteran Affairs Medical Center) in the top tier of accredited programs in the country. The decision is based on a self-study report, evidence of performance in practice, and an accreditation interview, all of which took place during 2017.
About continuing medical education courses
- Dartmouth Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Our goal is to expand physicians' knowledge and skills, thereby improving patient care and enhancing the general health of the people in the region and beyond. Target audiences are regional primary care and specialty physicians, including members of the Dartmouth Health system, and national/international audiences as appropriate.
- Our programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
- New Hampshire State Licensure Continuing Medical Education requirements
- AMA Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 and 2 credit: American Medical Association
About continuing nursing education courses
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center's Nursing Continuing Education Council is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation has awarded the Dartmouth Health Nursing Continuing Education Council (NCEC) accreditation as a provider of continuing nursing education.
- CNE Mission: The mission of the Nursing Continuing Education Council (NCEC) is to promote excellence in nursing and health care through the provision of evidence based continuing nursing education (CNE) activities. We offer live and enduring programs that support nursing excellence, quality patient outcomes, and safe, positive work environments. We meet our mission by designing learning activities that are based on focused needs assessments, are comprehensively planned with subject matter experts and representation from members of our target audience, and evaluated through identification of the level of achievement of overall learning outcomes. Our goal is to provide our learners with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to improve care and patient outcomes.
- The goal of Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) is to enhance the skills and knowledge base of nurses, thereby increasing the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care. The CNE program supports professional development through lifelong learning.
- Our programs are accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.