These are some websites and resources that our patients have found helpful.
Disclaimer: This list of websites is an informational guide only; it cannot provide answers to personal health-related questions, legal questions, or research questions. The information presented here should not be substituted for medical, legal, or other professional advice. DHMC does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered on these websites.
- American Diabetes Association
1701 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA 22311
- David Mendosa Diabetes Directory
- Diabetes Mall
- Food Pyramid
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
3101 Park Center Drive, Room 1034
Alexandria, VA 22302-1594
- Joslin Diabetes Center
One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International
120 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005-4001
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
Insulin pump resources
- Animas Corporation
200 Lawrence Drive
West Chester, PA 19380
- Medtronic MiniMed
18000 Devonshire Street
Northridge, CA 91325-1219
Online diabetes tools
- Body mass index calculator: From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Enter your height and weight, and this calculator will determine if you are underweight, normal, overweight, or obese.
- Diabetes software: From Mendosa.com. Offers free downloadable spreadsheets to track your blood sugar readings and insulin dosages, as well as other software. Note: DHMC does not endorse any of these downloads, or guarantee that they are virus-free.
- Interactive menu planner: From the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. The planner will guide your daily food and meal choices, based on one day's calorie allowance. It may be used in advance to plan a meal, or at the end of a day to add up total calories, as well as fat, and carbohydrates consumed.
- Food Pyramid: From the USDA. This tool can help you choose the foods and amounts that are right for you.