Honoring Care Decisions is a program to promote and improve advance care planning at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC), Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics, and in our communities.
Learn more about our services:
- Advance care planning: Our trained facilitators can help you think about:
- Your goals for care at the end of life.
- Who you'd like to speak for you should the time come when you can no longer make your own medical decisions.
- Advance directives: We help you complete documentation that specifies your beliefs and wishes when you cannot do this for yourself.
- Advance care planning resources: We provide a list of other resources that offer assistance with advance care planning and advance directives.
- Advance care planning FAQ: We answer your most commonly asked questions regarding advance directives and advance care planning.
We are modeled after the Respecting Choices® advance care planning program based out of Gundersen Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Our program also:
- Coordinates advance care planning efforts across New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Assists in the development of structured processes.
- Trains staff and volunteers to be advance care planning facilitators.
- Builds systems for maintaining, retrieving, and honoring advance care plans.
Working with you, your families, and our communities, we build a system to support meaningful conversations about what matters most in life for a time when patients are unable to speak for themselves.