Support the Patient Support Corps
You can help the Patient Support Corps continue its important work by making a gift to the Professor Rob Oden, Jr, Fund.
Medical visits can be overwhelming. Our Patient Support Corps (PSC) volunteers at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center can help you feel more prepared for medical visits so you can focus on what is most important.
PSC provides valuable experience for students interested in a healthcare career and our community volunteers looking for new and meaningful ways to interact with patients.
PSC volunteers are trained in and follow the same patient confidentiality and privacy policies as all Dartmouth Health employees.
"I believe the Patient Support Corps is a very positive experience for the patients. It has never caused a delay in the flow of my clinic and in fact, has made the visits more productive and focused. More importantly, it helps bring to the forefront the patients’ concerns so that they are appropriately addressed at the visit."Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center provider
We provide the following services free of charge:
- Question list preparation: To help you and your provider be more prepared for your visit, a PSC volunteer will work with you to come up with a list of your questions and concerns. The day before your appointment, the question list will be sent to your provider for them to review. You can also bring a copy to your visit to remember to ask all your questions.
- Appointment support and note-taking: To help you remember the details of your visit, a PSC volunteer will accompany you, take notes and take an audio recording (with your provider’s permission). Your volunteer will provide a summary of the notes after your visit.
"The Patient Support Corps is an invaluable service! We are so lucky to have these services at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center."Patient
How to reach us
If you would like a Patient Support Corps volunteer to assist you with an upcoming appointment, please email email@example.com or call 603-653-3517.
Become a PSC volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering for the PSC program, please email the PSC Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-653-3517.
"The Patient Support Corps has deepened my understanding of health care, introduced me to such a diverse group of individuals, and solidified my determination to dedicate my career to helping others."Patient Support Corps volunteer
- 2011 – The year Patient Support Corps was established at DHMC in Lebanon, NH.
- 29 – The number of volunteers who assisted patients through the PSC program in 2021, up from 23 in 2020.
- 317 – The number of unique patients assisted through the PSC program in 2021, up from 131 in 2020.
- 20 – The number of DHMC departments utilizing PSC.