Our team includes specialists from different areas, including:
- Care coordination
- Social work
Many of our providers specialize in treating inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Watch our short video: What is a multidisciplinary care team?
Adult IBD specialists
Our providers have expertise in managing IBD across adolescence and young adulthood. Our physicians see patients in our young adult clinic (THRIVE) and our adult IBD program. Our providers can support a full range of medication and surgical management of IBD.
Watch our short video: Can the THRIVE clinic help me maintain my infusion schedule?
Our team includes psychology providers with expertise in supporting individuals with gastroenterological conditions. Our psychology providers offer support in our clinic to address challenges with:
- Feelings of isolation or relationship difficulties and managing IBD
- Non-pharmacologic pain management
- Other common challenges of being a young adult with IBD
Watch our short videos
- How can a THRIVE Clinic psychologist help manage my IBD?
- Can I minimize the impact of IBD on my social life?
- How or when should I mention my IBD to new friends?
IBD specialty pharmacist
Our pharmacists can provide support during clinic visits. They can help you administer, fill and manage your IBD prescriptions. Keeping access to medications is vital to managing IBD. It can be more complicated when young adults move out of state or need to change insurance carriers.
IBD patient navigator
Our patient navigator can help with navigating the Dartmouth Health system. They work with patients and caregivers to overcome barriers to care. They identify needed community resources and assist with communication and care coordination concerns.
Our social work team has experience supporting individuals with medical needs. They can provide support by:
- Connecting you to local resources
- Helping with challenges in getting to clinic visits
- Navigating accommodations available to you at school or work
- Working through questions about insurance
Watch our short videos: