Below are links to recordings and slides of some past Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders events.
January 11, 2023
- "Ask an Expert" Patient Symposium Celebrating DHMC Parkinson's Center of Excellence
Presented by Stephen Lee, MD, PhD; Mary Feldman, DO; Rebecca Thompson, MD; Anas Hannoun, MD; Dax Volle, MD; Robert Roth, PhD, ABPP; Dawna Pidgeon, PT; Kelly Farrell, MSW; and Melanie Del Frari, APRN
View the event video.
September 7, 2019
- The Hidden Symptoms of Parkinson's and How to Deal with Them
Presented by Anas Hannoun, MD
Download Dr. Hannoun's presentation (PDF).
- Don't Lose It, Use It: New Skills to Support and Maintain Your Speaking Voice
Presented by Angelynne K. Hinson, BA, JD
Download Ms. Hinson's presentation (PDF).
- What is Conductive Education (CE) and How Can It Improve the Lives of Those with PD?
Presented by Maria Heine and Zita Heine, Second Chance CE
Download information about Second Chance CE (PDF).
June 1, 2019
- Parkinson's Disease and Oral Health
Presented by Elaine Neal, DMD and Tanner Wallace, DMD
Download Dr. Neal and Dr. Tanner's presentation (PDF).
- Parkinson's Disease: Clinical Trials Update 2019
Presented by Stephen L. Lee, MD, PhD
Download Dr. Lee's presentation (PDF).
- Exploring the Gut-Brain Connection: Microbes, Nutrition and Parkinson's Disease
Presented by Ana Maria Moise, MS, CNS, LDN
Download Ana Maria Moise's summary (PDF).
Download Ana Maria Moise's handout on Diet & Gut Microbes (PDF).
September 30, 2018
- Parkinson’s Disease: Common Behavioral Issues and Strategies
Presented by Laura Flashman, PhD
Download Dr. Flashman’s presentation (PDF).
- Tongue in Cheek...so to Speak. Let’s Talk about Speech Pathology!
Presented by Irene Cohen, MS, CCC-SLP
Download Irene Cohen’s presentation (PDF).
- Fascial Yoga and Movement for PD
Presented by Donna Brooks, BS, C-IYAT, RSME/T
Download Donna Brooks’ presentation (PDF).
June 2, 2018
- The Biology of Parkinson’s Disease and its Treatments
Presented by Paola Sacchetti, PhD
Download Dr. Sacchetti’s presentation (PDF).
- Increasing Engagement and Improving Results in PD Rehabilitation: Dance and Hippotherapy as Rehabilitation Tools
Presented by Kate Gamble, BFA, MSPT
Download Kate Gamble’s presentation (PDF).
- The Parkinson’s Pantomime Project: “Mime Over Matter”
Presented by Rob Mermin
Download Rob Mermin’s handout (PDF).
October 14, 2017
- An Overview of Parkinson's Disease
Presented by Rebecca Thompson, MD
Download Dr. Thompson's presentation (PDF).
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's Disease: Evolution and Innovation
Presented by Joshua Aronson, MD
Download Dr. Aronson's presentation:
- Understanding the Therapeutic Uses of Cannabis
Presented by Elizabeth Dost, RN. Used with permission of Temescal Wellness
Download Elizabeth Dost's presentation (PDF).
June 19, 2017
- Parkinson’s Disease: Past, Present and Future
Presented by Stephen Lee, MD PhD
Download Dr. Lee’s presentation (PDF).
- Helping Staff Nurses Avoid Failure-to-Rescue in Caring for PD Patients
Presented by Heintje Calara, MA, RN, DNP Candidate
Download Heintje Calara's presentation (PDF).
- A Movement Approach for Parkinson’s Patients
Presented by Donna Brooks, BS, C-IYAT, RSMT
Download Donna Brook’s presentation (PDF).