The Epilepsy and Self-Management Training Center at the HOBSCOTCH Institute is pleased to share learning opportunities for community-based providers and resource and referral specialists who serve patients with epilepsy.
Current training offerings
We currently offer the following courses for community health workers, primary care providers, and behavioral health care providers.
Course: An Overview of Epilepsy and Self-Management
- Course director: Elaine Kiriakopoulos, MD, MSc
- Course coordinator: Trina Dawson, Community Health Worker (CHW)
- Target audience: CHWs, nurses, behavioral health providers, social workers, primary care physicians, physician assistants, care coordinators, peer supporters, patient navigators
Faculty deliver live interactive virtual training that provides an overview of epilepsy, common comorbidities in epilepsy, available treatments, lifestyle and disease management considerations, and an introduction to evidence-based epilepsy self-management programs. This 4-hour virtual training was guided in its development by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CHW training curriculum on Epilepsy and Self-Management, which was created to address population-specific concerns in epilepsy.
2023 community trainings
- February 15, 2023, 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm EST
- July 25, 2023, 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm EST
- November 7, 2023, 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm EST
Continuing education credits are available at no cost.