myDH Video Visits
You can now connect with your provider through your myDH portal virtually with a scheduled myDH Video Visit. You can join the myDH Video Visit from your tablet, smartphone, computer or laptop. For ease of setup, we recommend you use your smartphone or tablet to join the visit.
This guide will walk you through the setup steps to complete prior to your visit, as well as what you should do on the day of your visit to connect with your provider.
Please note: For pediatric patients, the parent or guardian will need to have access to the myDH proxy account to be able to join the myDH Video Visit.
If you need technical assistance call 603-650-0499
Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Things to do
- Learn how to set up your smartphone, table, or iPad and connect to your Video Visit.
- Learn how to set up your laptop or desktop computer and connect to your Video Visit.
- Make sure you're prepared for your Video Visit.
Setting up to attend a myDH Video Visit on your smartphone, tablet, or iPad
Step one: If you plan to join your myDH Video Visit using your personal smartphone or tablet, you will need to install the Zoom app. If you have already downloaded the Zoom app to your device, you are good to go!
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App Store (iOS/Apple devices)
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from Google Play (Android devices)
Step two: You will also need to download the myChart app. If you have already added myChart to your device, you are good to go!
- Download myChart from the App store (iOS/Apple devices)
- Download myChart from Google Play (Android devices)
Starting your appointment on a smartphone, tablet, or iPad
Starting 30 minutes before your appointment, you will find the link to connect to your visit within your myDH portal.
- Open your MyChart app.
- Sign into your myDH account.
- Select Visits.
- Select your myDH Video Visit and tap Begin Visit.
- The Zoom app will launch. The "Waiting for host to start this meeting" screen will appear and stay until your provider enters the Video Visit.
- Once the provider joins the visit, you will see your video preview appear. Select Join with Video.
- You will then be presented with an audio screen. Select Call using Internet Audio.
Setting up to attend a myDH Video Visit on your laptop or desktop computer
If you plan to join your myDH Video Visit from your computer or your laptop, you will need to download and install Zoom. Follow these instructions if you do not already have Zoom installed on your computer.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc) and visit the Zoom Download page.
- Click the Download button for "Zoom Client for Meetings" and follow the prompts to install the application on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, you will have the software necessary to connect to your visit.
Please note: You do not need to download Zoom again for future visits.
- You will need to disable pop-up blockers in your internet browser.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the three vertical dots, then select Settings.
- Scroll to “Privacy and security” and select Site Settings.
- Select Pop-ups and Redirects.
- At the top of the menu, toggle the setting to Allowed to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Select the Menu button, then select Options.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Under Permissions, uncheck Block Pop-up Windows to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Open your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Select the Settings and more (***) button.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security ( ) button.
- Under Security, move the Block Pop-ups toggle to off to disable the pop-up blocker.
Internet Explorer 11
- Open your Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.
- Click the Tools (or "gear") icon at the top right of your browser.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the Tools (or “gear”) icon, then select Internet options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under the "Pop-up Blocker" section, deselect the checkbox next to Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
- Click OK.
- Go to Settings, then select more > Settings > Privacy & security.
- Under Security, switch Block pop-ups to off to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Test your audiovisual connection by visiting the Join Meeting Test page.
- Click Join.
- Click Open.
- Click Join with Video.
- Confirm that you can hear the ringtone.
- Confirm that you can hear your voice play back.
- Click Join with Computer Audio.
- When satisfied, wave your mouse over the screen to make the Zoom toolbar appear, then click End in the bottom right corner of the Zoom screen.
Starting 30 minutes prior to your scheduled myDH Video Visit, you will find the link to connect to the visit within your myDH portal.
- Sign into your myDH account.
- On the top of the webpage, select Visits.
- Click the Details button next to your myDH Video Visit.
- Click the Begin video visit button.
- Your computer will open your default web browser. Click Open Zoom Meetings on the pop-up window that appears.
- The window below will appear and stay until your provider enters the Video Visit.
- Once the provider has entered the Video Visit, you will be prompted with a video preview. Click Join with Video.
- Connect the audio portion of the visit by clicking Join with Computer Audio.
- If your computer or laptop's speaker or microphone do not work, click Phone Call, dial one of the listed phone numbers, and follow the prompts to enter your Meeting ID and Participant ID.
Inviting someone to join your appointment
Desktop computers and laptops
Once your provider has joined you in your myDH Video Visit, the option is available to send the meeting link to family or friends to join your visit with you.
- In the bottom of your Zoom screen, click Participants.
- In the bottom right, select Invite.
- Select Email.
- Select which email option you would like to use to send the invitation.
- Your email will open with the Zoom meeting and password information. Enter the recipient you wish to send the invite to and click Send.
Tablets and smartphones
- Click Participants.
- Click Invite.
- Select one of the options from the list that appears.
Customizing your screen
Below is an example of what your visit window will look like on a computer or laptop with some callouts of what the most important buttons do. Things you can do to customize your experience include:
- Change View: You can see the Gallery View (below) or the Speaker View, which is a dynamic view that puts the speaker into a bigger window with the non-speakers in smaller windows.
- Start/Stop the Video: If you need some privacy, you can click Stop Video towards the bottom left of your screen. This stops sharing your video until you allow your video to be seen again.