Are you ready for your Virtual Visit? Let's double-check!
Important reminder: Your provider is required by law to hold a valid medical license in the state you are physically located in during your Virtual Visit. If you will be in a different state from the one you specified at the time of scheduling, please call your provider’s office to inform them BEFORE the date of your visit.
A few days before your visit
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the software you need for Virtual Visits.
- Make sure you have an updated list of the medications you're taking, including dosages.
- Create a list of items you'd like to discuss with your provider.
- Review the Virtual Visits Frequently Asked Questions page.
The day of your visit
- Make sure you have access to a reliable internet source (best option) or a strong cellular connection.
- Make sure you have access to a quiet, private space, free of distractions.
- Use headphones or earbuds if you have a pair available.
30 minutes before your visit
- Log in to your myDH portal.
- Find your visit in your upcoming appointments list.
- Click Details, and then click Video Visit.
- Wait for the provider to join.
Once you're connected with the provider
- Make sure your microphone and camera are enabled (no red line appears through them on your screen).
- Position yourself so that you are directly facing the provider.
- Speak clearly and naturally.
- Due to a slight audio delay, pause between speaking and wait to hear responses from the provider. This can be awkward at first, but by the end of the appointment it will be completely natural to you.
- Avoid fidgeting and lots of movement.