Many of our providers are scheduling virtual visits as an alternative to in-person appointments
Call your provider's office to make your appointment.
Don't have a myD-H account?
Sign up for one today!
Here's what you need to know!
- Medicare and most private insurance companies have temporarily expanded their coverage of telehealth services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be sure to contact your insurance company, or visit their website, to find out specific coverage rules.
- Many departments and providers at Dartmouth-Hitchcock are now offering virtual visit appointments.
- You will need a device that has a camera, a speaker and a microphone for your appointment.
- If you do not have the technology you need for a video appointment, a telephone appointment may be an option.
- If you need medical care or have a scheduled appointment to see your provider, a telehealth appointment may be the best and safest option to receive your care.
- Having a myD-H account will make your video visit easier. You will be able to use myD-H to connect with your Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health for your visit. Your visit will take place over Zoom, so if you do not already have Zoom installed on your device you will need to do so prior to the visit. If you don't have a myD-H account, you can sign up for a free account here. myD-H gives access to not just virtual visits but also communication with your provider's office and team, access to results and records, direct scheduling in some departments, and payment options.