The Women's Health Resource Center is currently open during the COVID-19 crisis
We are offering the following services to the community:
- Breast pump program: We work with expecting women to get a purchased breast pump through their insurance. We also offer medical-grade breast pump rentals on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Diaper bank: Those in need have the opportunity to visit us every two weeks to receive one pack of diapers per child and one pack of wipes per family. Availability is dependent upon donations.
- Infant formula: We have the ability to assist families in accessing resources for infant formula. These resources are donation based.
- Lending library: We are home to an extensive lending library of more than 2,000 books, videotapes, DVDs, and audiotapes. Anyone is welcome to use the lending library.
- Menstrual product bank: Women in need can come in once a month to receive a box/package of feminine product from our menstrual bank. Availability is dependent upon donations.
- Willing Hands food shelf: We receive donations of fresh produce, bread, eggs, and/or meat weekly, based upon availability within the community. Those in need are welcome to use this food shelf.
If you are interested in accessing any of these services, please call us to confirm our office hours before coming in.
Since 1991, the Women's Health Resource Center (WHRC) has welcomed many women seeking information and education about their health and the health of their loved ones. As a community service of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC), we are committed to promoting preventive care and respecting women's wisdom in making informed health care decisions.
We offer support groups, classes, and workshops in pregnancy and parenting, first aid and safety, and women's health.
We also offer the following services:
- An extensive lending library of more than 2,000 books, videotapes, DVDs, and audiotapes
- Boutique and a Mastectomy Boutique
- Outreach community programs
- Printed program guide and enewsletter
- Referral and advocacy services
- Scholarship program
Krista Duval, CPC, CPST-I
Women's Health Resource Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Wendi Grant, BSW, CPST
Chelsea McHugh, LPN
The WHRC is a proud member of the National Diaper Bank Network
Last year we distributed over 16,000 diapers to 150 families. Please feel free to stop by to use the bank or to donate.
What is a Diaper Bank?
"Diaper Banks collect, store and help distribute free diapers to families suffering from financial difficulty. They obtain diapers through local diaper drives, from in-kind donations by manufacturers and retailers and by purchasing diapers directly with donated funds."
- National Diaper Bank Network
We appreciate your generosity.
Other resources at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
- Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program: Compassionate care that treats the whole person with the latest therapies.
- Gynecology: Annual exams, family planning, sexual health, menopause and surgeries.
- Obstetrics: Information about our pregnancy care, prenatal testing, infertility treatment, high-risk pregnancy care, and labor and delivery at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Urogynecology: Treatment of pelvic floor disorders, a range of conditions involving the reproductive urinary, and lower digestive systems.