Obstetrics and Nurse Midwifery team recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 2024
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is rated as high performing in maternity care by U.S. News & World Report in 2024.
Having a baby is a special experience and journey for which we provide compassionate care, information, and support.
- Our Nurse-Midwife Service has provided care to women and their families since 1983.
- Our midwives are experts at pregnancy and childbirth.
- We work with couples to transition into becoming a family, and our guiding principle is that birth is a normal process.
Our obstetric services
- Obstetricians, nurse midwives, nurse and family practitioners in multiple locations who practice a range of services to meet your choices and specific needs for care
- A high risk pregnancy (Maternal Fetal Medicine) team
- Reproductive Genetics designed to determine if you are at higher risk for a baby with certain health concerns or disabilities
- Classes and support for pregnancy and post-partum
Are you struggling with substance use?
You are not alone. Moms in Recovery is a safe space where you can meet with other women who are in recovery from addiction and get help with recovery.
DHMC is a Baby-Friendly Designated Hospital
DHMC is recognized as a Baby-Friendly® facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. Baby-Friendly USA is a world-wide program sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) which recognizes hospitals and birth centers that provide mothers the information, confidence, and skills necessary to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies.