The new Patient Pavilion opens in late April!
Starting April 25:
- Follow signs for Entrance #2. This is the Inpatient Visitor Entrance.
- There will be an Inpatient Visitor Parking Lot for anyone visiting a patient at the hospital.
- The Inpatient Visitor Entrance will be open from 5 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week.
This information is for patients and their families.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) entrance hours
- Main Entrance: Open from 5:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Main Entrance after 8:00 pm: Check-in or out at the Emergency Entrance until 11:00 pm.
- Emergency Entrance: Open 24 hours. Please do not use the Emergency Entrance for non-emergency reasons between 5:00 am and 8:00 pm.
- Parking garage: Open Monday through Friday from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm. The parking garage is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Norris Cotton Cancer Care Pavilion Lebanon Entrance: Open from 5:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- The East Entrance is currently for patient discharge and exit only.
DHMC parking map
View and print the DHMC Parking Map (PDF).
For your appointment
Follow signs to the Faulkner Building and parking garage. The parking garage has a direct entrance to the fourth level of the Faulkner Building.
Parking help is available at the Main Entrance from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Special help is also available if your escort must remain with you for safety or direct care needs.
To request parking help, drive up to the Main Entrance doors, and speak with the parking officer.
A number of handicap-accessible parking spaces are available at the Main Entrance and Parking Garage Entrance. Handicap spaces in the Parking Garage are located on every level next to the elevators. Below please find maps to aid in finding accessible parking:
- DHMC Patient Parking Map (PDF)
- Emergency and Cancer Center Entrances Accessible Parking — East Accessible Parking (PDF)
- Main Entrance Accessible Parking (PDF)
- Parking Garage Accessible Parking (PDF)
A courtesy cart is available for transporting you to and from the Main Entrance. This service is available all year round except during winter storms.
- To request a ride before you park, drive up to the Main Entrance, and speak with the parking officer.
- To request a ride after you park in the Main Entrance parking lot, look for the courtesy cart and wave to the driver.
Let the parking officer know when you're ready to return to your vehicle. The courtesy cart will come to pick you up at the Main Entrance and take you to your car.
Mobility scooters are available for sign-out at the Main Entrance, and Parking Garage Entrance between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Wheelchairs are available at all patient entrances. Wheelchair assistance and escorts are available at the Main Entrance for those with difficulty walking.
We ask that you not use wheelchairs in the Parking Garage to keep you safe. If you need help getting to or from your car, please consider using the Main Entrance.
DHMC floor maps
Floor maps are available as PDFs by floor level in several languages.
Taxis and public transportation
All bus services are wheelchair accessible, and some require a reservation.
|Advance Transit Bus||802-295-1824|
|Big Yellow Taxi||603-643-8294|
|Concord Coach Lines||603-228-3300|
|The Current (Connecticut River Transit)||888-869-6287|
|Door-to-Door Driving Services||603-996-1522|
|Greyhound (formerly Vermont Transit)||800-231-2222|
|Hanover Limousine (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)||603-298-8880|
|Stagecoach Transportation Services||800-427-3553|
|Lebanon Taxi (6:30 am to 10:00 pm, 7 days/week)||603-448-7027|
|Twin State Cab||603-252-7878|
|North Country Auto||603-448-0538|