This information is for patients and their families:
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) entrance hours
- DHMC parking map
- Parking information
- Electric vehicle charging
- DHMC floor maps
- Taxis and public transportation
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) entrance hours
Open 24 hours. Please do not use the Emergency Entrance for non-emergency reasons between 5 am and 8 pm.
- Open from 5:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- After 8:00 pm: Check in or out at the Emergency Entrance until 11 pm.
Open Monday through Friday, 5 am to 6 pm.
- Open Monday through Friday, 5:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Saturdays, 7:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Inpatient Visitor Entrance (Patient Pavilion)
- Open from 5 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week.
- Follow signs for Entrance #2. This is the Inpatient Visitor Entrance.
- There is an Inpatient Visitor Parking Lot for anyone visiting a patient at the hospital.
- If you need to enter the building after hours, enter through the Emergency Department. Signs will direct you from the Inpatient Parking Lot to the Emergency Department entrance.
Norris Cotton Cancer Care Pavilion Lebanon Entrance
Open Monday through Friday, 5:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- Open Monday through Friday, 5:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- Closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
DHMC parking map
For your appointment
Follow signs to the Faulkner Building and Parking Garage. The Parking Garage has a direct entrance to the fourth level of the Faulkner Building.
When visiting patients in the hospital
Learn about our discharge locations and picking up your friend or loved one when they are ready to leave the hospital.
Parking help is available at the Main Entrance from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Special help is also available if your escort must remain with you for safety or direct care needs.
To request parking help, drive up to the Main Entrance doors and speak with the parking officer.
A number of handicap-accessible parking spaces are available at the Main Entrance and Parking Garage Entrance. Handicap spaces in the Parking Garage are located on every level next to the elevators. Below please find maps to aid in finding accessible parking:
- DHMC Patient Parking Map (PDF)
- Emergency and Cancer Center Entrances Accessible Parking — East Accessible Parking (PDF)
- Main Entrance Accessible Parking (PDF)
- Parking Garage Accessible Parking (PDF)
A courtesy cart is available for transporting you to and from the Main Entrance. This service is available all year round except during winter storms.
- To request a ride before you park, drive up to the Main Entrance and speak with the parking officer.
- To request a ride after you park in the Main Entrance parking lot, look for the courtesy cart and wave to the driver.
Let the parking officer know when you're ready to return to your vehicle. The courtesy cart will come to pick you up at the Main Entrance and take you to your car.
Mobility scooters are available for sign-out at the Main Entrance and Parking Garage Entrance between 7 am and 5 pm.
Wheelchairs are available at all patient entrances. Wheelchair assistance and escorts are available at the Main Entrance for those with difficulty walking.
We ask that you not use wheelchairs in the Parking Garage to keep you safe. If you need help getting to or from your car, please consider using the Main Entrance.
Electric vehicle charging
Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations are available at the following locations for patient and visitor use:
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics Heater Road
- DHMC Parking Garage Level 9
- DHMC Patient Pavilion Lot A
- Jack Byrne Center for Palliative & Hospice Care
- Outpatient Surgery Center
DHMC floor maps
Floor maps are available as PDFs by floor level in several languages.
Taxis and public transportation
All bus services are wheelchair accessible, and some require a reservation.
|Advance Transit Bus
|Big Yellow Taxi
|Concord Coach Lines
|The Current (Connecticut River Transit)
|Door-to-Door Driving Services
|Greyhound (formerly Vermont Transit)
|Hanover Limousine (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)
|Stagecoach Transportation Services
|Lebanon Taxi (6:30 am to 10:00 pm, 7 days/week)
|Twin State Cab
|North Country Auto