This information is for patients and their families.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) entrance hours
- Main Entrance: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, visitors can check in or out at the Rotunda Information Desk.
- Main Entrance after 8:00 pm: Visitors can check in or out at the Emergency Entrance until 11:00 pm.
- Emergency Entrance: Open 24 hours. Please do not use the Emergency Entrance for non-emergency reasons between the hours of 5:00 am and 8:00 pm.
- Parking garage: Open Monday through Friday from 5:30 am to 8:00 pm. The parking garage is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Norris Cotton Cancer Center Entrance: Open from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Visitors are not allowed from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Please note the East Entrance is currently for patient discharge and exit only.
North Entrance closure
Please note that the North Entrance at DHMC is closed due to the construction of the new patient pavilion.
DHMC patient and visitor parking map
For your appointment
Follow signs to the Faulkner Building and parking garage. The parking garage has a direct entrance to the fourth level of the Faulkner Building.
When visiting patients in the hospital
Follow signs to the Main Entrance visitor parking.
Learn more about our discharge locations and picking up your friend or loved one when they are ready to leave the hospital.
Parking help is available at the Main Entrance from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Special help is also available if your escort must remain with you for safety or direct care needs.
To request parking help, drive up to the Main Entrance doors, and speak with the parking officer.
A number of handicap accessible parking spaces are available at the Main Entrance and Parking Garage Entrance. Handicap spaces in the Parking Garage are located on every level next to the elevators. Below please find maps to aid in finding accessible parking:
- DHMC Patient Parking Map (PDF)
- Emergency and Cancer Center Entrances Accessible Parking — East Accessible Parking (PDF)
- Main Entrance Accessible Parking (PDF)
- Parking Garage Accessible Parking (PDF)
A courtesy cart is available for transporting you to and from the Main Entrance. This service is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, between the end of March and early November.
- To request a ride before you park, drive up to the Main Entrance, and speak with the parking officer.
- To request a ride after you park in the Main Entrance parking lot, look for the courtesy cart and wave to the driver.
When you're ready to return to your vehicle, let the parking officer know. The courtesy cart will come to pick you up at the Main Entrance and take you to your vehicle.
Mobility scooters are available for sign out at the Main Entrance and Parking Garage Entrance between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Wheelchairs are available at all patient entrances. Wheelchair assistance and escorts are available at the Main Entrance for those who may have difficulty walking.
To keep you safe, we ask that you not use wheelchairs in the Parking Garage. If you need help getting to or from your car, please consider using the Main Entrance.
DHMC floor maps
Floor maps are available as PDFs by floor level in several languages.
Taxis and public transportation
All bus services are wheelchair accessible, some require a reservation.
|Advance Transit Bus||802-295-1824|
|Big Yellow Taxi||603-643-8294|
|Concord Coach Lines||603-228-3300|
|The Current (Connecticut River Transit)||888-869-6287|
|Door to Door Driving Services||603-996-1522|
|Greyhound (formerly Vermont Transit)||800-231-2222|
|Hanover Limousine (24hrs/day, 7 days/week)||603-298-8880|
|Stagecoach Transportation Services||800-427-3553|
|Lebanon Taxi (6:30 am to 10:00 pm, 7 days/week)||603-448-7027|
|Twin State Cab||603-252-7878|
|North Country Auto||603-448-0538|