We can help you connect with friends and family during your hospital stay.
Don’t have a device or need help connecting through your device?
Our virtual visit volunteers can help! Look for our volunteers wearing bright red jackets or shirts and a name badge that says, "Volunteer."
You can also arrange for a virtual visit by using one of these methods:
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting visitors to keep you and your care team safe. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t see your loved ones using a device like a smartphone or iPad. Many phones, tablets, and computers have free and easy ways to connect with others.
If you don’t have a device, we can provide one. Any device that we provide is clean and safe to use. If you don’t know how to use it, we can show you how. Or you can use the directions below.
Note: Your video chats with family and friends are private and will stay in the room.
Connecting with loved ones using your device
- Find an app for that: If your smartphone, tablet, or computer has a camera there is a good chance you have an app already installed to connect with your loved ones virtually. You and the person you are trying to connect with must use the same app.
- Connect to our guest Wi-Fi: To use the video feature of the app you have selected, connect to our guest Wi-Fi named D-H Guest.
- Video chat, call, or text your loved ones.
Common video chat apps on smartphones and devices
If your device has a camera but does not have FaceTime or Google Duo, you can download one of the following apps to connect with loved ones via video, voice, or text:
Using FaceTime on Apple devices
- Open the FaceTime app.
- In the "To" field, select the person you want to contact:
- If the person’s phone number or email address is saved in your contacts, tap the plus button, start typing the person’s name, and select the name when you see it pop up.
- If the person's contact information is not saved in your contacts, tap the plus button, type the person’s phone number or email address, and then tap the return button.
- Once your contact is in the “To” field, tap the phone icon to make a voice-only call or the video camera icon to video chat.
Using Google Duo on Android devices
- Open the Google Duo app.
- Tap New Call.
- Tap Search contacts or dial.
- Select the person you want to contact:
- If the person's phone number or email address is saved in your contacts, begin to type the person’s name and select the name when you see it pop up.
- If the person's contact information is not saved in your contacts, type in their phone number or email address.
- Once you select the person's name, you will have the option to select voice, video, or message.
Note: If you only see “invite” when you select the person you are trying to reach, then the person does not have the Google Duo app installed on their device and may not be able to connect with you through Google Duo. Please see "Common video chat apps on smartphones and devices," above, for other possible apps you can try.