Our urogynecologists treat many kinds of pelvic floor disorders (PFDs), which are a range of conditions involving the reproductive, urinary, and lower digestive systems.
Common causes of PFDs include:
- Conditions such as chronic cough, which can strain the pelvic floor
- Genetic factors
- Increasing estrogen levels
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Fistula treatment: A laparoscopic procedure to treat vesicovaginal fistula.
- Incontinence treatments: Treatments for incontinence, the involuntary loss of urine, gas, or feces.
- Kegel exercises: Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles to treat conditions, such as incontinence, overactive bladder, and prolapse.
- Pessary: A vaginal device to treat incontinence, overactive bladder, and prolapse.
- Prolapse surgical treatment: A surgical procedure to treat a pelvic organ prolapse, a bulging or protrusion of the tissues of the vagina, uterus, or rectum through the vaginal opening.
- Sacral nerve stimulation therapy: A nerve stimulation therapy to treat an overactive bladder.
- Urodynamics testing: A series of tests that thoroughly examine how your bladder works when evaluating incontinence.
Our team approach guarantees you receive the best care available as we consult with other experts in departments such as physical therapy, surgery, or other specialized programs.